Sacrificial Anode Radiator Caps Protect Cooling System Efficiency
Why use a Sacrificial Radiator cap?
There are two main benefits of using these caps:
- Extend the life of the cooling system components Even in normal operation a solution will have small chemical reactions, these chemical ‘attacks’ will occur on the weakest link, in this case the sacrifice is the anode connected to the cap.
- Indication of a mechanical problem that requires corrective action If you notice the anode is being consumed and eaten away at a quick rate, this may be an early warning that something is wrong and needs corrective action before more permanent damage occurs. For example: the coolant needs to be changed, pH is off, a poorly grounded heater / fan motor or a corroded starter cable, ground wire etc. Once the electrolysis has eaten through the radiator and it is leaking fluid on the ground, it is too late!
- Eliminates a major cause of over heating
- Can prevent costly engine damage
- Combats cooling system electrolysis damage
- Prolongs engine and cooling system life
Electrolysis is a chemical reaction produced by current that can gradually destroy metal components and ruin your engine and cooling system. Let the patented Sacrificial Anode Radiator Cap absorb the destructive electrolysis - instead of your expensive engine and cooling system parts!
NEVER REMOVE THE RADIATOR CAP WHEN HOT
All Sacrificial Anode Radiator Caps should be changed every 24,000 to 36,000 miles, or when the anode is eaten away.
Inspect your Sacrificial Anode Radiator Cap monthly.