High Performance Diesel Solutions
If you're using a tuner to increase your diesel performance horsepower or towing a trailer with your diesel pickup, you'll need better cooling to help dissipate the additional heat. More Power + Hard Work = More Engine heat!! Elevated temperatures of engine components wear out faster and decrease horsepower.
While these plastic tank/aluminum core radiators may look OEM... we've applied similar construction principals used in the big rig trucks. Northern Radiator has a long history of servicing the heavy duty semi-truck market, in fact, today it’s our primary business, so we know semi-truck radiators and used this knowledge for the development of our HP Diesel Pickup product line. Borrowing from decades of experience in the Heavy-Duty market we brought these same construction methods to light truck aimed at the diesel performance enthusiast. These radiators will give you trouble free OEM mounting and CAN replace existing OEM radiators as a standard replacement!
Design improvements over OEM:
- Tank to header attachment is strengthened by a heavy gauge steel crimp strip vs. aluminum on OEM - The strength of STEEL holding the tanks on
- Internally reinforced end tubes with bridge clips - Northern’s own aluminum brazing techniques allow for full tube operation in coolant flow with the “bridge” adding reinforcement strength at the cores most vulnerable point (the outside corners)
- Added ribs in weak spots on the tank, with fiber reinforcement added to the plastic mix. The extra ribs reinforce areas where the OEM failed to predict flex in the original design
- Extra strong integrated mounting points
- Proprietary formulated rubber seal gaskets allow for expansion and the natural twisting of the vehicle's suspension. They are the number one critical component and often overlooked, but are a key element in our design
- The radiator core is the best in the business with more fins per inch and strong heavy duty tubes - their high-efficiency fins cool better than stock
CR2510: Silverado, Sierra w/6.6L Engine
CR2711: Dodge Ram 5.9L & 6.7L Diesel Engine
CR2857: Silverado, Sierra w/ A/T & 6.6L Diesel Engine
CR2887: Ford F Series w/6.0L & 6.8L Engine (All aluminum construction)
CR13022: Ford F Series w/6.4L & 6.8L Engine
CR13230: Ford F250, F350, F450, F550 Super Duty with 6.7L Engine
CR13244: Chevrolet Silverado 2500-3500, GMC Sierra 2500-3500
CR13296: Dodge Ram w/6.7L Diesel Engine
CR13490: Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, 5500 w/6.7L Diesel Engine
CHARGE AIR COOLERS
Performance charge air coolers (or intercoolers) compliment and work in conjunction with our diesel pickup radiators. Our performance diesel pickup charge air coolers are engineered and designed to handle up to 100 PSI and 500° F inlet air temperature, whereas stock units will blow apart at these levels and fail. Designed for performance, these models have more capacity and strength. Some models include larger than OEM connections to complement turbo upgrades. Their primary mission is to handle the extra boost and provide the cooling necessary to concentrate an extra dense flow of air required to support engine peak performance levels. These mount to existing OEM mounting points and require additional consideration and compensation to brackets, condensers, and shrouds affected by the thicker performance cores. For this reason, they are NOT designed as a standard OEM replacement.
- Constructed with heavy duty aluminum cast tanks
- Designed for high boost up to 100 PSI
- Handles 500° F inlet air temperature
- Extruded micro-fin tubes
- Superior brazed aluminum exterior fins for maximum heat transfer
- Our tube technology adds needed additional strength throughout the core to help dissipate heat and handle higher boost pressure
222327: Dodge Ram w/5.9L Cummins Engine / OE Connections
222328: Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra w/6.6L Diesel Engine / OE Connections
222333: Ford F250, F350, Ford F450, F550 Super Duty w/6.4L Engine / OE Connections
222348: Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra w/ A/T & 6.6L Diesel Engine / OE Connections
222349: Dodge Ram 2500-5500 / OE Connections
222350: Ford Excursion w/6.0L Engine, F Series w/6.0L Engine / OE Connections
222352: Dodge Ram / OE Connections
NON-OEM CONNECTIONS (BOOT KIT INCLUDED):
222329: Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra w/A/T & 6.6L Diesel Engine, Boot Kit Included
222330: Dodge Ram 2500-5500, Boot Kit Included
222331: Dodge Ram, Boot Kit Included
222332: Ford Excursion, F Series w/6.0L Engine, Boot Kit Included
FANS & SHROUDS
When selecting a fan for your performance diesel applications, it is important to consider advertised CFM is relevant ONLY if there is NO resistance to the air flow. This is not the case with engine cooling.
In diesel applications you have a radiator, condenser, and charge air cooler to draw the air through. This means a lot of resistance to air flow. We’ve built our performance diesel line around quality and performance. We have selected SPAL fan products, which are specifically designed to move enough air through these high-density applications. With the quality of SPAL you’re sure to get the cooling your hardworking system demands.
Have you ever said, “man, there’s just too much room under the hood”?… Didn’t think so. With the slimmer design of brushless fans, they not only out-perform, they save space!
So, what are the other benefits to brushless fans?
- More power
- Last longer
- No AMP spike
- Unlike the typical brushed fan that has a peak power surge at start up and then runs at a maximum power draw, our SPAL brushless fans draw minimal AMPs at start and only draws what is needed, when it is needed.
Diesel power provides more power and high torque ideal for towing. However, low-end RPM will raise the temperatures of the automatic transmission. As an integral part of any cooling system, Northern Radiator offers oil coolers that utilize an improved core for better cooling over the OEM.
- Application specific
- Heavy duty construction
- Includes all mounting brackets and hardware
- Fittings included for use of OEM oil lines
Don't Forget the
Northern's silicone boot can be used for hot or cold side on other applications.
- 5mm wall thickness has 4 layers of aramid fibers
- Inside is fluorosilicone lined for oil resistance
- Rated to 500º degrees F and 100 PSI
Z71090: 3 1/8” to 3 1/4” with 58º Degree Bend
Z71091: 3” to 3 1/2” x 5 1/8” Straight
Z71092: 2 3/4” to 3 1/4” x 5” Straight
Z71093: 3” to 3 1/2” x 4” Straight
Z71094: 3” to 3 1/2” x 4” Straight
Z71095: 3” to 3 1/4” x 5 1/2” Straight
Z71096: 3” to 3” x 3 1/4” Straight